Sunday, June 25, 2006

Charlene - I've never been to me

永恆的名曲 I've never been to me原唱者Charlene的MTV.

各位朋友可能常聽其歌但未見其人, 此次除可一聽名曲外, 還可一賭原唱者廬山真面目. 此首MTV非常難以找到, 非常珍貴.

Lyric

Hey lady, you lady

cursing at your life

you're a discontented mother

and a regimented wife

I have no doubt

you dream about the things you never do

but I wish someone had talked to me like I wanna talk to you

Oh, I've been to Georgia and California and anywhere I could run

Took the hand of a preacher man

and we made love in the sun

But I ran out of places and friendly faces

Because I had to be free

I've been to paradise but I've never been to me...

Please lady please lady

don't just walk away

Cause I have this need to tell you

why I'm all alone today

I can see so much of me

still living in your eyes

won't you share a part

of a weary heart that has lived a million lives

Oh, I've been to Nice and the isle of Greece

when I sipped champagne on a yachtI moved like Harlo in Monte Carloand showed them what I've got

I've been undressed by kingsand I've seen some things that a woman ain't s'pose to see

I've been to paradise but I've never been to me...

Hey, you know what paradise is?

It's a lie

a fantasy we created about people and places

as we like them to be

but you know what truth is?

it's that little baby you're holding

and it's that man you fought with this morning

the same one you are gonna make love to tonight

that's truth that's love

sometimes I've been to crying for unborn children

that might have made me complete

but I, I took the sweet life

I never knew I'd be bitter from the sweet

I spent my life exploring

the subtle whoreing

that cost to much to be free

hey lady I've been to paradise

but I've never been to me...

I've been to paradise but I've never been to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...